• Bring a complete list of ALL your medications, including the doses and Dr’s names.
Drivers who require eyeglasses, contact lenses, or hearing aids
• Bring glasses, contacts, or hearing aids
• You will need to take eye exam with and without correction.
Drivers who have high blood pressure
• Your blood pressure MUST be below 140/90 the day of your exam or you may not qualify.
Drivers who have diabetes
• Your blood sugar should be controlled
• Bring the most recent results of lab test called A1C, and other records related to diabetes
• If you are Type I Diabetic, you will need to call the office for instructions.
Drivers who have sleep Apnea and use a CPAP
• If you have had a sleep study at any time you need to have either a copy of the study showing you do NOT have sleep apnea OR a copy of your sleep compliance report for at least 90 days
Drivers who have heart-related issues (including stent, valve replacement, pacemaker, open heart surgery bypass surgery, arrhythmia, heart attack, tachycardia)
• At minimum, bring a letter from your cardiologist stating you are safe to drive a commercial vehicle with a copy of your latest chart note.
• Results of a recent stress test, Echo cardiogram or any other testing in the last year.
Drivers who have suffered stroke, brain tumor, seizure disorder, or brain bleeding
• Bring a letter from your neurologist that outlines your medical history, current medication, and current neurologic and psychiatric state.
Drivers who are taking any medication that may cause sedation, sleepiness, or any controlled substance (includes narcotics, sleeping pills, anxiety medication and ADHD medication) also includes Chantix for smoking cessation.
• You will need a medical letter from the treating doctor regarding the driver’s reaction to the medication and if the driver is experiencing side effects that could affect the drivers driving. Please call the office for a template letter.
Drivers who are taking the blood thinner Coumadin (Warfarin)
• Bring a recent INR (blood level) and clearance from your MD
The above are guidelines only, and not guarantee of passing the Exam. Your examiner may request additional information.