Lifestyle Advice From Churn Creek Chiropractic
Embracing a healthy lifestyle is the key to a long, pain-free and vigorous life. At Churn Creek Chiropractic in Redding, we believe in a holistic approach to wellness. We are committed to giving you the lifestyle advice you need to prevent or heal from illness or injury.
Why is Lifestyle Advice Important?
Our philosophy is that living healthy is a vital complement to our job as your chiropractor. As your body becomes stronger, our individualized chiropractic plan for you will be more effective. You will heal more quickly and stay pain-free. Following are just some of the important elements of an effective wellness plan.
You are what you eat, a statement we whole-heartedly embrace. Our advice for healthy living includes:
- Drink lots of water: Eight 8-ounce glasses of water per day is the recommended for adults. Water rids the body of toxins, controls appetite, keeps kidneys healthy and supplies energy.
- Eat a healthy breakfast: Lean protein and whole grains are the ingredients to give you healthy fuel for the day ahead.
- Eat healthy throughout the day: Choose vegetables, fruits, lean meats and whole grains for your meals.
- Consider a vegetarian diet to reduce calories and increase nutrients.
Healthy Exercise Plan
Get moving! Exercise gives your body a bevy of benefits including weight loss, increased confidence and sharpness of mind. It also improves your body’s immune system. If you have not exercised previously, start slowly. Take the stairs at work instead of the elevator. Park your car further than you normally would. Walk the dog instead of letting him out in the backyard. Work up to a brisk 20-30-minute walk daily. If exercise has been a part of your lifestyle, consider cross-training or upping your usual workouts gradually. An added benefit is that exercise will help you sleep better.
Your Emotional Health
Yes, how to deal with emotions in a healthy way is part of the lifestyle advice your chiropractor will give you. You can start by incorporating these things into your life.
- Be and think positive: in other words – think half full versus half empty.
- Treat yourself: We don’t mean to eat a whole pie or call in sick to watch reruns of your favorite show. Rather, enjoy a small piece of pie and set aside time in the evening or on weekends to watch your favorite shows.
- Parcel: Take big things that may seem overwhelming and divide them into smaller, manageable chunks.
- Deal with stress: Stress is one of the most destructive forces in our lives. Learn to manage your stress by incorporating things like meditation or yoga into your life.
- Get rid of toxic people in your life.
- Accomplish things: Productive people are happy people.
- Discover balance: A healthy emotional life is about balance. Learn to balance work, relationships, fun, and other important aspects of your life.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Redding Chiropractor
Churn Creek Chiropractic, the leading holistic chiropractor in Redding, believes in treating the whole person. Call us today at 530-221-4991 to begin your journey for full mind and body health.