CHIROPRACTIC CARE AT CHURN CREEK CHIROPRACTIC
As you might expect, chiropractic care lies at the heart of the many natural, non-invasive services we offer here at Churn Creek Chiropractic. This well-established branch of natural medicine provides multiple benefits to our patients in Redding, Anderson, Bella Vista, Centerville, Happy Valley, Cottonwood, Shasta Lake City, Red Bluff, Palo Cedro, Weed, Yreka, and Shasta County, CA — far more benefits than simply relieving a painful neck or back.
Our Redding chiropractor, Dr. Donovan Hutchings, makes use of a wide range of techniques improve your overall health, help you cope with chronic pain and optimize your ability to recover from an injury. These techniques include:
- Diversified – The Diversified technique is the grandfather of all chiropractic techniques, and to the this day its the one most commonly used. Created by D.D. Palmer in 1895, this is the traditional hands-on method of adjusting joints with a high-velocity, low-amplitude thrust.
- Palmer – This technique, developed by D.D. Palmer’s son B.J. Palmer, focuses on making extremely precise adjustments to the axis vertebra connecting the spinal column to the skull. This correction often allows all the vertebrae underneath to fall into line, a phenomenon known as the “hole-in-one” effect.
- Gonstead – The Gonstead technique analyzes the entire spine for any misalignments that may be causing nerve dysfunction and pain. It involves making adjustments to various parts of the body, from the neck to the pelvis, to bring all the entire body back into balance.
- Manual – Manual chiropractic techniques such as Diversified, Gonstead and Palmer rely on the chiropractor’s skilled hands to make short, sharp, precise adjustments at specific areas of misalignment, or subluxation.
- Flexion-Distraction – Unlike manual adjustment techniques, flexion-distraction technique features the use of a special motorized table to adjust the spine. This techniques applies a small, highly-controlled amount of flexion-distraction force to the spinal column, creating vacuum pressure that helps to realign and treat herniated discs, bulging discs and other intervertebral problems.
Dr. Hutchings can combine any or all of these chiropractic techniques with other natural healing methods for a synergy of healing benefits. For example, massage therapy can loosen and prepare the muscles for easier and more effective spinal adjustment sessions; it also boosts the body’s ability to heal itself and relieves soft tissue pain without drugs. Corrective exercises are another useful supplement to chiropractic adjustments for their ability to reinforce and support your newly-corrected alignment. We can even administer the D.O.T. (Department of Transportation) physical exam for drivers and other transportation workers.
Learn More from Our Redding Chiropractor
As safe and effective as these time-tested chiropractic disciplines are known to be, there’s only one way to know for sure whether this form of care can help your particular needs — and that’s by undergoing a spinal screening and health evaluation from our Redding chiropractor. Call Churn Creek Chiropractic today at (530) 221-4991 to set up an initial consultation. We’re here to help!